Series: Thru the Bible
Message – Deuteronomy in Review
Deuteronomy in Review
Below are each of the title headings for our lessons through the book of Deuteronomy, along with the artwork illustrating the material and a bullet point of the major points covered.
This message was taught exactly as you see it here with of course additional information and explanation.
I believe it will provide a good overview of this book for you.
On the Banks of this Jordan
- Second generation
- Something new – heart not just actions
- New (addition to) covenant (again – heart focused)
Israel and the Sovereignty of God
- Many in the wilderness outside the Promised land were family
- God tells them that in all that took place in leaving Egypt, throughout their wanderings and in bringing them to the promised land – He was accomplishing His purpose of Making His name famous and making His power known.
- God is sovereign over all of mankind – ACTS 17
God has been with us
- Nearly all IN the Promised land were the descendants of Canaan -> Ham and therefore had a curse on them
- Why the land was taken
- Some of the people in the Promised land were actual GIANTS Rapha as opposed to “larger than life” Nephillim
- This was important for 3 reasons: goofy doctrines to explain Canaan slaughter
- God is shown weak and ineffective in His judgement
- Makes angels more powerful than they really are
- God is honorable even when it breaks His heart – “Spoke harshly to Moses – Don’t ever bring this up again.” – WHY? rock=Jesus
- Was this without knowledge – NO – veil on face
Diligently watch yourselves
- Difference between protect and watch over
- Life is found in obedience (New Testament Rom. 8)
- God being invisible teaches us 2 things:
- He wants to be known by those who truly desire Him
- He wants to be pursued (valued)
- (ADDITIONAL THINGS we learned – voice in the garden rather than form = not fully responsible so redemption was possible)
- Listen with the intent of doing (pay attention to HOW you hear)
- The Lord is Echad – unified
- Good for witnessing to the world who thinks we are polytheistic
- Good for witnessing to brothers and sisters who are confused about the trinity.
No other gods
- God uses His people for judgment
- Do not be unequally yoked
- Daughter turn heart away to other gods
- Evil children – set apart
God is Judge
- Defining Yom – comes up a lot in scripture
- God was not speaking to the 1st generation who had no past with God, but to a 2nd generation who knew and had seen all that God had done – BASIS for judgment
- Basis for Solomon’s prayer first mentioned
Levites & Priests in every Tribe
- Dispersed among Israel
- Honored with best of land
- Their responsibility to support
Shedding Light on Guidelines & Rules
- Be careful not to imitate the world – hair cut
- Tithes – very important. Those who minister to you in spiritual things MUST BE SUPPORTED!!!!!
The Lord’s Release
- No debt past 7 years
- ALL PROPERTY and Slaves set free on Jubilee
- Offer only where His name is
- Inheritance, share and estates
- Discerning prophecy
- OLD – “(21) You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the LORD has not spoken?’ (22) When a prophet speaks in the LORD’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.”
- NEW – Does it reveal Christ
Murder & Marriage
- Atonement for unsolved murder
- The need to teach them corporate responsibility for sin in their midst.
- How to treat women you have taken captive
- Let them grieve
- Let them own it
- If you don’t like her she is set free
- Lie detector for marrying a non-virgin
Civic & Domestic life
- Bad company
- Do not charge interest
- Honor vows
- Generosity of heart in giving
- Pay the workman
- Redemption of brother’s name
- Remember and be thankful to the Lord (Giving the Lord His due)
Choices have consequences in BOTH Covenants
- It IS associated with your actions
- OLD – righteousness
- NEW – other things like giving
Where Solomon got his Prayer
- What was it about
- What did it do
- This isn;t too hard
The Next Generation
- Joshua – anointed by Moses (Passes the baton(
- Israel = strength from God
- Power to do the command – from Joshua
- God balances friendship with Sovereignty
- Moses prophecies over all the tribes (except Simeon).
- God takes a final earthly walk with His friend
- God shows Moses the land promised to Abraham
- God buries His friend with His Own hand.
I hope this message will bless you richly…not because I taught it, but because it reveals Christ. He alone is our blessing and if in any way – whether big or small, 100% accurate or even just partially so – I have revealed our great God and Savior to you in a relationally knowable way, then this was time well spent on both our parts.
We at Living Grace Fellowship encourage you to place your trust in Jesus Christ, deliberately choosing Him and bowing the knee to Him as your Master and Lord, so as to come to realize Him as your Savior.
You have a special place in God’s family & kingdom. The fact that you exist… that you are His creation, says you were in His heart, you are His delight!
If you do not know Him, please reach out to us. Give us a call at the number located on every page of this website or use our ‘Contact Us‘ page. We would be deeply honored, if you gave us the privilege of introducing you to the Lord. Neither money nor attendance at our church will EVER be mentioned.
If you HAVE been spiritually fed by this ministry and WANT to give, we truly appreciate that and you may do so here, but please understand that all the outreaches of this ministry are FREE for you and anyone to enjoy at no cost.